Jockey Lonnie Meche and 15-1 Indy Fire won Friday night's $70,000 Miss Indiana Stakes at Hoosier Park in just a head bob over Jon Court and Miss Dakota.
In what seemed like the hunch bet of the year, Miss Indiana went off as the 3-10 favorite in Friday night's $74,450 Miss Indiana Stakes at Hoosier Park. But Amanda's Crown and jockey Mike Morgan had other ideas, however, and the 11-1 shot rallied to post a 3 3/4 length triumph over 15-1 longshot Connies Travels.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle