Audley Farm's Night Fax, dam of 2006 Virginia champion Miss Goodnight, died April 7 from complications from internal bleeding.
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas, off to a good start at the Oaklawn meet, sends Time's Mistress in Saturday's $50,000 Dixie Belle Stakes for 3-year-old fillies going six furlongs.
Hall of Fame trainer Shug McGaughey made an ambitious move on Saturday afternoon when he ran Phipps Stable's homebred Boca Grande in Aqueduct's 85th running of the grade II, $200,000 Demoiselle for 2-year-old fillies at nine furlongs. Boca Grande took the inside path home and won by nearly four lengths to signal what may be the start of a big career.
Elizabeth Valando's Nobiz Like Shobiz, one of the early favorites for next year's Kentucky Derby (gr. I,) will try for his first stakes win in Saturday's $200,000 Remsen (gr. II) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact