Already a stakes winner on dirt and grass, Stays in Vegas reached another level May 7 in the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
While her trainer and part owner may be preoccupied 2,000 miles away May 7, Decked Out will look to win her second straight grade III event over the Santa Anita Park turf course in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Seven of the nine 3-year-old fillies entered in the Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita met last month in the China Doll Stakes, with Mirage prevailing by a neck over Lady Valeur, but the Providencia adds another furlong.
A full field of juvenile fillies will seek their first graded score in the $100,000 Jimmy Durante Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 28 at Del Mar.
Two maiden-winning fillies were out on the main track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 24, with their connections hoping for upset scores in the upcoming Breeders' Cup at Keeneland.
With seven horses selling for $100,000 or more and very low RNA rate, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s April juvenile sale had a very strong second session Tuesday. The four-day sale continues through Thursday.
MGM Mirage could take over efforts to build a riverboat casino in Rosemont, Ill., near O'Hare International Airport that would pump tens of millions of dollars into the horse racing industry.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course