A head and a nose apart in their last two outings, Stays in Vegas and Be Mine will once again do battle in the $200,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) July 23 at Del Mar.
Already a stakes winner on dirt and grass, Stays in Vegas reached another level May 7 in the Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Santa Anita Park.
While her trainer and part owner may be preoccupied 2,000 miles away May 7, Decked Out will look to win her second straight grade III event over the Santa Anita Park turf course in the $100,000 Senorita Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Seven of the nine 3-year-old fillies entered in the Providencia Stakes at Santa Anita met last month in the China Doll Stakes, with Mirage prevailing by a neck over Lady Valeur, but the Providencia adds another furlong.
A full field of juvenile fillies will seek their first graded score in the $100,000 Jimmy Durante Stakes (gr. IIIT) Nov. 28 at Del Mar.
Two maiden-winning fillies were out on the main track at Santa Anita Park Oct. 24, with their connections hoping for upset scores in the upcoming Breeders' Cup at Keeneland.
With seven horses selling for $100,000 or more and very low RNA rate, the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s April juvenile sale had a very strong second session Tuesday. The four-day sale continues through Thursday.
MGM Mirage could take over efforts to build a riverboat casino in Rosemont, Ill., near O'Hare International Airport that would pump tens of millions of dollars into the horse racing industry.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Uncontested' Smarty Jones Romp for Uncontested
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm