There were few surprises in Friday's early wagering on Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) at Pimlico Racecourse, with Kentucky Derby winner Street Sense the predictable favorite.
Trainer Nick Zito said it's "all systems go" for Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. I) after C P West worked a half-mile at Belmont Park May 14. Meanwhile, Hard Spun, King of the Roxy, Xchanger, and Mint Slewlep all prepped for their run at the second jewel of the Triple Crown.
Barry J. James' undefeated Divine Park simply ran away from his six 3-year-old rivals in the $150,000 Withers (gr. III) in his stakes debut Saturday at Aqueduct.
- By Steve Haskin
Inner track kingpin Summer Doldrums tries to defend his turf against eight rivals, including several quick invaders in Saturday's $200,000 Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Ben's Cat Victorious in Return at Laurel
- Nyquist Gets First Look at Churchill Downs
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Minding Leads Sweep in One Thousand Guineas
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Maurice, Chautauqua Victorious in Hong Kong