Trainer Mac Robertson swept the two Minnesota-bred stakes July 3 at Canterbury Park, which reported record attendance and healthy pari-mutuel handle on a program that began in the late afternoon.
The Minnesota Thoroughbred Association Feb. 9 announced several incentives for those who breed in Minnesota, including bonuses for graduates of the MTA auction and a new stakes for eligible 2-year-olds.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Canterbury Park's first condition book for 2013 shows yet another increase in purses, with about $12 million to be paid out during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet.
The Minnesota Festival of Champions, a tribute to the state's racehorse industry, will be held for the 15th time at Canterbury Park Aug 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen