Trainer Mac Robertson swept the two Minnesota-bred stakes July 3 at Canterbury Park, which reported record attendance and healthy pari-mutuel handle on a program that began in the late afternoon.
The Minnesota Thoroughbred Association Feb. 9 announced several incentives for those who breed in Minnesota, including bonuses for graduates of the MTA auction and a new stakes for eligible 2-year-olds.
Prairie Meadows Racetrack & Casino in Iowa and Canterbury Park in Minnesota are joining forces to offer more racing opportunities for state-bred runners via joint restricted races.
Canterbury Park's first condition book for 2013 shows yet another increase in purses, with about $12 million to be paid out during its Thoroughbred and Quarter Horse meet.
The Minnesota Festival of Champions, a tribute to the state's racehorse industry, will be held for the 15th time at Canterbury Park Aug 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Texas Chrome Prevails in Oklahoma Derby