The hard-knocking Rahystrada raced into the record books with his third $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) victory July 13, the only horse to have won that many editions of the 1 1/4-mile turf event at Arlington Park.
Robert Courtney Jr.'s Rahystrada, an 8-year-old Rahy gelding, holds off 9-5 favorite Boisterous by a neck July 14 in the $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT). Rahystrada won the Arlington Handicap in 2010.
Veteran gelding Rahystrada earned his 10th career victory when he kicked clear in the stretch run for jockey Inez Karlsson and held off defending champion Just as Well by a half length in the $150,000 Arlington Handicap.
Robert Courntey's Rahystrada, the second-longest price in the field at 56-1, held his nine rivals at bay in the stretch to win the $112,700 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 27 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- What's Going On Here: Truly Charismatic
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017