The hard-knocking Rahystrada raced into the record books with his third $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) victory July 13, the only horse to have won that many editions of the 1 1/4-mile turf event at Arlington Park.
Robert Courtney Jr.'s Rahystrada, an 8-year-old Rahy gelding, holds off 9-5 favorite Boisterous by a neck July 14 in the $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT). Rahystrada won the Arlington Handicap in 2010.
Veteran gelding Rahystrada earned his 10th career victory when he kicked clear in the stretch run for jockey Inez Karlsson and held off defending champion Just as Well by a half length in the $150,000 Arlington Handicap.
Robert Courntey's Rahystrada, the second-longest price in the field at 56-1, held his nine rivals at bay in the stretch to win the $112,700 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 27 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Invasor to Uruguay's Haras Cuatro Piedras
- Take Charge Brandi Set for Martha Washington
- Xpressbet Offers 'X-Country Pick 4' Feb. 7
- First Reported Foal for Point of Entry
- No Movement on Plans for Calder Barn Area
- Downey Profile: 10 U.S. Noms to UAE Derby
- First Reported Foal for Rattlesnake Bridge
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- 'Chrome' Tops U.S. Nominees for World Cup
- Australian Vets Support New Racing Rule on Cobalt