The hard-knocking Rahystrada raced into the record books with his third $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT) victory July 13, the only horse to have won that many editions of the 1 1/4-mile turf event at Arlington Park.
Robert Courtney Jr.'s Rahystrada, an 8-year-old Rahy gelding, holds off 9-5 favorite Boisterous by a neck July 14 in the $200,000 Arlington Handicap (gr. IIIT). Rahystrada won the Arlington Handicap in 2010.
Veteran gelding Rahystrada earned his 10th career victory when he kicked clear in the stretch run for jockey Inez Karlsson and held off defending champion Just as Well by a half length in the $150,000 Arlington Handicap.
Robert Courntey's Rahystrada, the second-longest price in the field at 56-1, held his nine rivals at bay in the stretch to win the $112,700 River City Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 2 1/4 lengths Nov. 27 at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham