Sheikh Mohammed seeks to compete in classic races around the world, and he will have Frosted to carry the colors of his Godolphin in this weekend's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Stoneside Stable's determined Bob and John would not give way in the stretch run of the $388,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) to win by a hard fought neck over odds-on choice Sweetnorthernsaint and give jockey Garrett Gomez a sweep of the three graded stakes at the muddy Grand Prairie, Texas, track Monday.
Bob and John, owned by Stonerside Stable, is set to receive the "Aiken, S.C., Trained Horse of the Year" award March 18 at the Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame and Museum. The public is invited to attend.
Most Popular Stories
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Copper Bullet Out to Build Reputation in Bashford Manor
- New York Discusses Race-Day Lasix Rules
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Fager to Deliver Thoroughbred Owner Conference Keynote
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby