Sheikh Mohammed seeks to compete in classic races around the world, and he will have Frosted to carry the colors of his Godolphin in this weekend's Belmont Stakes (gr. I).
Stoneside Stable's determined Bob and John would not give way in the stretch run of the $388,000 Lone Star Park Handicap (gr. III) to win by a hard fought neck over odds-on choice Sweetnorthernsaint and give jockey Garrett Gomez a sweep of the three graded stakes at the muddy Grand Prairie, Texas, track Monday.
Bob and John, owned by Stonerside Stable, is set to receive the "Aiken, S.C., Trained Horse of the Year" award March 18 at the Aiken Thoroughbred Racing Hall of Fame and Museum. The public is invited to attend.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Full Mast Could Cruise in King Edward Stakes
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Breeding Fund Changes Approved by PA House
- Name Change for Historical Racing Company
- HRRN to Broadcast Queen's Plate Live
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom