Midnight Cry Stable's Einstein could not defy the laws of gravity in his last start, when he went down in a frightening spill in the Dixie Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico on Preakness (gr. I) day, May 19. A mild injury from that spill cut short the 6-year-old's 2007 campaign, but he'll be back in a one-mile turf allowance feature at Gulfstream Park Jan. 11.
Getting his first win since a 2006 score in the Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT), Richard C. Thompson's Ballast took the 2007 edition of same race after splitting horses in a dramatic move at Calder Race Course Dec. 1.
Coming off a fifth-place finish in the NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) and carrying significantly less weight than his 126-pound load in that race, Eugene Melnyk's Host looks for his first victory since May 26 when he competes in the $100,000 Tropical Turf Handicap (gr. IIIT) at Calder Race Course Dec. 1.
Trainers Roger Attfield and Bobby Frankel both have two horses in Thursday's $150,000 Ben Ali (gr. III) on Keeneland's all-weather track.
Arthur I. Appleton's Icy Atlantic tops the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Stakes, a 1 1/8-mile turf test that drew 12 entries to Delaware Park Sunday.
Arthur I. Appleton's Icy Atlantic tops the field for the $200,000 Caesar Rodney Stakes, a 1 1/8-mile turf test that drew 12 entries to Delaware Park Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Scat Daddy Colt Tops Sale at F-T Florida
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Clubhouse Ride Retired to Stud in California
- Jockey Chapa Appeals Suspension, Fine
- Seven Seek First Graded Score in Las Flores
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- Avila Draws Suspension Dates, Plans to Appeal
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return