Edmund Gann's You, the star of the $300,000-added Louisville Breeders' Cup (gr. II) on Kentucky Oaks Day and a winner of five grade I events in her stellar career, looms as a strong favorite in Saturday's $300,000-added Fleur De Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs.
Minister's Baby turned in a strong half-mile work on Tueday for Saturday's $300,000 Fleur De Lis Handicap (gr. II). The 5-year-old daughter of Deputy Minister breezed four furlongs in :47.80 -- the sixth fastest of 34 moves at the distance.
Select Stable's Take Charge Lady may have earned a spot in the starting gate for Saturday's $300,000-added Fleur De Lis Handicap (gr. II) at Churchill Downs with a sharp five furlong work over the track on Monday.
Azeri did her part in winning Wednesday's Lady's Secret Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita, and now it's up to Edward P. Evans' Summer Colony to match her or do her one better when she takes on six talented fillies and mares in Saturday's $750,000 Beldame Stakes.
Repent, Minister's Baby, Fabulous Brush and Risky Cat are among trainer Ken McPeek's hopefuls to hit the track at Belmont Wednesday to prepare for important fall races.
Mandy's Gold stretches out to win the Ruffian; favorites rule in top juvenile races.
James Tafel's Lakenheath breezed a half-mile in :47 3/5 over the Arlington Park surface the morning of Aug. 29 in preparation for her upcoming engagement in Monday's Arlington Matron (gr. III).
Favorite Minister's Baby disposed of longshot pacesetter Red n' Gold in the final turn and held off Lakenheath by 1-3/4 lengths in Saturday's $200,000 Gardenia Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Ellis Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Speechify Takes Mr. Prospector at Gulfstream
- Divine Oath Holds On in McKnight Handicap
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph