Mining My Own, dam of 2009 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Mine That Bird and 2012 Kentucky Derby runner-up and three-time grade I winner Dullahan, gave birth to a bay filly from the first crop of Bodemeister.
Nominees include eight Eclipse Award winners and the dams of 2012 grade I winners Beholder, Wise Dan, Point of Entry, and Dullahan.
Mining My Own, dam of Mine That Bird and Dullahan, has a new home at Ben and Elaine Walden's Pauls Mill following a recent acquisition that saw Pauls Mill purchase half interest in the 11-year-old Smart Strike mare.
Shipped to Southern California by trainer Dale Romans after a pair of lackluster efforts, Dullahan collared Game On Dude in deep stretch to take the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) in track-record time at Del Mar.
Racing Officials at Sunland Park have renamed the Borderland Derby in honor of Mine That Bird, upset winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Dullahan is the now the only likely starter for the Kentucky Derby with two grade I wins.
Dullahan, with big strides down the center of the racetrack, ran down champion Hansen in the late stages to win the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 14 at Keeneland.
Dogwood Stable, which paid $485,000 for Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird's half-brother by Yonaguska at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-old sale, has named the colt Brother Bird.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29