Mining My Own, dam of 2009 Kentucky Derby (gr. I) winner Mine That Bird and 2012 Kentucky Derby runner-up and three-time grade I winner Dullahan, gave birth to a bay filly from the first crop of Bodemeister.
Nominees include eight Eclipse Award winners and the dams of 2012 grade I winners Beholder, Wise Dan, Point of Entry, and Dullahan.
Mining My Own, dam of Mine That Bird and Dullahan, has a new home at Ben and Elaine Walden's Pauls Mill following a recent acquisition that saw Pauls Mill purchase half interest in the 11-year-old Smart Strike mare.
Shipped to Southern California by trainer Dale Romans after a pair of lackluster efforts, Dullahan collared Game On Dude in deep stretch to take the $1 million TVG Pacific Classic (gr. I) in track-record time at Del Mar.
Racing Officials at Sunland Park have renamed the Borderland Derby in honor of Mine That Bird, upset winner of the 2009 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Dullahan is the now the only likely starter for the Kentucky Derby with two grade I wins.
Dullahan, with big strides down the center of the racetrack, ran down champion Hansen in the late stages to win the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I) April 14 at Keeneland.
Dogwood Stable, which paid $485,000 for Kentucky Derby winner Mine That Bird's half-brother by Yonaguska at the Fasig-Tipton Midlantic 2-year-old sale, has named the colt Brother Bird.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase