Horsemen in California are pushing ahead with plans to make Los Alamitos Race Course and San Luis Rey Downs full-time off-track stabling sites once Betfair Hollywood Park is no longer available.
The California Horse Racing Board gave its blessing to a Del Mar Thoroughbred Club request reducing the track's 2009 racing schedule by one day per week.
With the Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita less than 10 weeks away, track president Ron Charles told the California Horse Racing Board that its new synthetic racing surface is nearly ready for the acid test.
Most Popular Stories
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- 10-Day Los Al Fall Meet Opens Sept. 10
- Churchill Downs Plans $18 Million in Upgrades
- Gural-Owned Tracks Join Integrity Coalition
- Familiar Names for 'PA Day at the Races' Card
- Woodbine Set for 2015 WEGCares Initiaitive
- Whistling Past the Graveyard
- Saratoga Race Meet Highlights 2015