Matt's Broken Vow made his initial try at two turns a successful one, as the 3-year-old colt outran a pair of rivals in the stretch to win the $151,300 Marine Stakes (Can-III) May 17 at Woodbine.
Giquere, among the top four Winterbook candidates for Canada's Queen's Plate later this spring, attempts to get his first win of the 2008 campaign in the $150,000 Marine Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine May 17.
One day after his 3-year-olds ran 1-2 in the $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass Stakes (gr. I), trainer Todd Pletcher said he will take a few days before deciding when Monba and Cowboy Cal will ship to Churchill Downs in preparation for the May 3 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I).
Winchell Thoroughbreds' Louisiana Derby (gr. II) winner Pyro turned in his final major prep for Saturday's $750,000 Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) by working a half-mile in :50.60 early Monday morning at Keeneland.
Trainer Todd Pletcher was at Keeneland April 6 for the first time during the spring meet to oversee his horses stabled here, including the 3-year-olds Cowboy Cal and Monba. Both colts worked before sunrise, Monba in company with Ready's Image at about 6:15 a.m., and Cowboy Cal some 45 minutes later.
Big Glen, guided confidently by Rene Douglas, found room along the inside and finished in a full drive to the wire to defeat favored Miner's Claim by a short neck in the $100,000 Rushaway Stakes for 3-year-olds at Turfway Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Divine Oath, North Slope Meet in McKnight
- Speechify Goes for Grade in Mr. Prospector
- 13 for Maryland Juvenile Filly Championship
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Danon Platina Captures Asahi Hai Futurity
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity