Claiborne Farm stallion Boundary has been retired from stud duty due to declining fertility, said Bernie Sams, farm spokesperson.
English and Irish champion Minardi sired his first winner June 10 when Suetowa broke her maiden in Milan, Italy.
Central Kentucky stallion Minardi will stand the Southern Hemisphere season at Glenmorgan Farm in New Zealand.
European champion Minardi, whose close relative Johannesburg won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), will enter stud at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington.
Pedigree Analysis for Johannesburg
Led by 20-1 longshot Black Minnaloushe, a trio of Aidan O'Brien trainees filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) on Saturday at the Curragh. Mozart finished second, with 2-1 favorite Minardi third. Tamburlaine, second to Golan in the English equivalent, finished fifth in the 12-horse field.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Minardi moved to the lead with an about an eighth of a mile remaining for a 1 1/2-length triumph over Endless Summer in the Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth