Claiborne Farm stallion Boundary has been retired from stud duty due to declining fertility, said Bernie Sams, farm spokesperson.
English and Irish champion Minardi sired his first winner June 10 when Suetowa broke her maiden in Milan, Italy.
Central Kentucky stallion Minardi will stand the Southern Hemisphere season at Glenmorgan Farm in New Zealand.
European champion Minardi, whose close relative Johannesburg won the Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I), will enter stud at John T.L. Jones Jr.'s Walmac International near Lexington.
Pedigree Analysis for Johannesburg
Led by 20-1 longshot Black Minnaloushe, a trio of Aidan O'Brien trainees filled the top three finishing positions in the Entenmann's Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) on Saturday at the Curragh. Mozart finished second, with 2-1 favorite Minardi third. Tamburlaine, second to Golan in the English equivalent, finished fifth in the 12-horse field.
Michael Tabor and Mrs. John Magnier's Minardi moved to the lead with an about an eighth of a mile remaining for a 1 1/2-length triumph over Endless Summer in the Middle Park Stakes (Eng-I) at Newmarket, England.
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Maryland Jockey Club Focus on Daily Product