Trip for A.J., second to Askbut I Won'ttell in the My Charmer Handicap (gr. IIIT) last month, turned the tables in capturing $300,000 Sunshine Millions Filly and Mare Turf at Gulfstream Park Jan. 29.
Bettors should have a bonanza with Gulfstream Park's $100,000 Marshua's River Stakes (gr. IIIT) Jan. 9 after 14 older fillies and mares were entered for the 1 1/16-mile turf event.
N.T.S. Stable's 3-year-old filly Annabill extended her win streak to three races after her victory in the $100,000 Chaposa Springs Handicap at Calder on Saturday.
Seven horses will line up Saturday for the 1 1/4-mile Gulfstream Park Handicap (gr. II), and none of them has ever won at that distance.
Stormy Frolic kicked away in the stretch to easily win Saturday's $145,000 Calder Breeders' Cup Handicap, reduced to a field of eight after the race was switched from the turf to a sloppy main track.
Trainer Milton Wolfson saddled two horses in the four-race Grand Slam II program at Calder Saturday, and both were winners after The Judge Sez Who won the $100,000 Fred W. Hooper Handicap (gr. III) for Sez Who Stable.
Super Frolic, with substitute rider Abel Catellano Jr. aboard, overwhelmed favored Trust N Luck in the stretch run of the $100,000 Foolish Pleasure Stakes at Calder Saturday, winning by 4 1/2 lengths.
After two near misses in recent derbys, The Judge Sez Who came up with the right answer to take Sunday's grade III, $295,000 Oklahoma Derby at Remington Park.
The Judge Sez Who proved definitively he belongs in graded stakes company when he defeated a hard-charging and talented field to win the Oklahoma Derby (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup
- Lochte Looks to Regain Form in Oceanport