It doesn't appear live Thoroughbred racing will return to Birmingham Race Course any time soon, but the re-energized Alabama Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said it plans to keep pushing for it.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Alabama HBPA has a new lease on life after its 2006 election was deemed valid, but convincing dissidents to rejoin and enacting legislation to restore live racing in Birmingham remain serious challenges.
Thoroughbred racing could return to Birmingham Race Course in Alabama under a proposal set forth Wednesday by track magnate Milton McGregor.
Most Popular Stories
- Gainesway's Tapizar Has First Winner
- Pegasus World Cup: A Jolt of Reality
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- Champs Meet Again in Nassau
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Miller Promoted at Millennium Farms
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware