It doesn't appear live Thoroughbred racing will return to Birmingham Race Course any time soon, but the re-energized Alabama Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association said it plans to keep pushing for it.
- By Tom LaMarra
The Alabama HBPA has a new lease on life after its 2006 election was deemed valid, but convincing dissidents to rejoin and enacting legislation to restore live racing in Birmingham remain serious challenges.
Thoroughbred racing could return to Birmingham Race Course in Alabama under a proposal set forth Wednesday by track magnate Milton McGregor.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Nine Entries Added to Fasig-Tipton November
- Company Selected to Update AHC Impact Study
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill