Swagger Jack, a grade I-winning son of leading sire Smart Strike, has relocated to Dana Point Farm near Lenhartsville, Pa., for the 2016 breeding season. His fee will be $3,500.
Brian Lyle, a 17-year veteran in the Thoroughbred industry, has joined the stallion sales team at B. Wayne Hughes' Spendthrift Farm in Lexington, Ky.
A field of 12, plus two also-eligibles, was drawn for the Oct. 8 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. David Ross' Perfect Officer headlines the prep for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Millennium Wind is relocating to Louisiana to stand the 2009 breeding season at Robert McDowell's 519 Thoroughbreds in Arcadia.
Sultry Song, the sire of Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) winner Singletary, will stand for the same fee in 2005 that he stood for this year.
Why Change, who died in June of 2003, was represented by his first winner when his son Thenardier won July 18 at Great Lakes Downs.
Ro Parra has purchased an interest in Unaccounted For and the stallion will stand at his Millennium Farms near Lexington, Ky. in 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Thoroughbred Makeover Tickets Now for Sale
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- PA House Panel Passes Breeding Fund Revisions