WinStar Farm's Bodemeister, a grade I-winning millionaire by Empire Maker, recently sired three bay fillies as his first reported foals to arrive from his introductory crop at stud.
Tom Simon's Vinery Sales has formed a partnership with Ro Parra's Millennium Farms near Lexington. The expanded sales division for the companies will be managed by Derek MacKenzie, director of public sales at Vinery Sales.
The first foal by grade II winner Zanjero was born Jan. 8 at Clifton Farm. The foal is a filly out of Frangible.
The Louisiana-based stallion Easyfromthegitgo will be added to Millennium Farms' fledgling Millennium Rewards Program, it was announced Feb. 22.
Millennium Farms' Ro Parra has decided to run his star pupil Student Council in the $2.3 million Japan Cup Dirt (Jap-I), rather than the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I). The 1 1/4-mile Japan Cup Dirt will be contested Nov. 24 at Tokyo Racecourse.
In a sign of the times, a Midwest also-ran with a liking for Polytrack came west to win the $1-million Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 19. Student Council, purchased recently by Ro Parra's Millennium Farms to run in the 1 1/4-mile test, vanquished Lava Man and upset a large field at odds of 23-1 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- Gunnevera Leads Busy Sophomore Work Slate