WinStar Farm's Bodemeister, a grade I-winning millionaire by Empire Maker, recently sired three bay fillies as his first reported foals to arrive from his introductory crop at stud.
Tom Simon's Vinery Sales has formed a partnership with Ro Parra's Millennium Farms near Lexington. The expanded sales division for the companies will be managed by Derek MacKenzie, director of public sales at Vinery Sales.
The first foal by grade II winner Zanjero was born Jan. 8 at Clifton Farm. The foal is a filly out of Frangible.
The Louisiana-based stallion Easyfromthegitgo will be added to Millennium Farms' fledgling Millennium Rewards Program, it was announced Feb. 22.
Millennium Farms' Ro Parra has decided to run his star pupil Student Council in the $2.3 million Japan Cup Dirt (Jap-I), rather than the $5 million Breeders' Cup Classic - Powered by Dodge (gr. I). The 1 1/4-mile Japan Cup Dirt will be contested Nov. 24 at Tokyo Racecourse.
In a sign of the times, a Midwest also-ran with a liking for Polytrack came west to win the $1-million Pacific Classic (gr. I) at Del Mar Aug. 19. Student Council, purchased recently by Ro Parra's Millennium Farms to run in the 1 1/4-mile test, vanquished Lava Man and upset a large field at odds of 23-1 at Del Mar.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates
- Broadcast Honors for Santa Anita, NYRA