Starine, who scored a surprise victory in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) , is headed to Kentucky. She is scheduled to be auctioned during Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
Alice Chandler, who owns Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington with her husband, Dr. John Chandler, announced that fees for all four stallions will remain the same.
Michael Tabor's Zavata, a $575,000 sale 2-year-old in February, cruised to a 6 1/4-length victory in the Tremont Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park on the Mother Goose undercard.
Sean and Barbara Kelly announced that an agreement has been reached to lease grade II winner Golden Gear and stand him at their Wycombe House Stud near Reddick Fla.
Champion Anees and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Commendable have made successful starts as stallions at Dr. and Mrs. John C. Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Commendable has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Dr. and Mrs. John Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington. He won two of 12 starts and earned $907,470 for owners Robert and Beverly Lewis.
Alice Chandler of Mill Ridge Farm announced that 1999 champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Anees will take up stud duty for $15,000 live foal at the Lexington farm on behalf of a syndicate.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners