The Jockey Club on Friday announced the election of three new members: Reynolds Bell Jr., Larry Bramlage, D.V.M., and Richard Santulli.
Starine, who scored a surprise victory in the Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Turf (gr. IT) , is headed to Kentucky. She is scheduled to be auctioned during Keeneland's November breeding stock sale.
Alice Chandler, who owns Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington with her husband, Dr. John Chandler, announced that fees for all four stallions will remain the same.
Michael Tabor's Zavata, a $575,000 sale 2-year-old in February, cruised to a 6 1/4-length victory in the Tremont Stakes (gr. III) at Belmont Park on the Mother Goose undercard.
Sean and Barbara Kelly announced that an agreement has been reached to lease grade II winner Golden Gear and stand him at their Wycombe House Stud near Reddick Fla.
Champion Anees and Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Commendable have made successful starts as stallions at Dr. and Mrs. John C. Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington.
Belmont Stakes (gr. I) winner Commendable has been retired from racing and will enter stud at Dr. and Mrs. John Chandler's Mill Ridge Farm near Lexington. He won two of 12 starts and earned $907,470 for owners Robert and Beverly Lewis.
Alice Chandler of Mill Ridge Farm announced that 1999 champion and Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) winner Anees will take up stud duty for $15,000 live foal at the Lexington farm on behalf of a syndicate.
Most Popular Stories
- Tapiture Takes On Rebel Invaders and Old Foes
- Social Inclusion Spoils Honor Code's Return
- Study Links Cell Damage to Corticosteroids
- Iotapa Heads Tough Lineup in Santa Margarita
- Azeri: Don't Tell Sophia Faces Close Hatches
- Sign Runs Last in Return from Lengthy Layoff
- Hall of Fame Jockeys to Compete at Pimlico
- New Standards May be Imposed on NY Stewards
- OBS Sale Closes With Records Shattered
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014