With an off-the-pace run to victory in the $100,000 Precisionist (gr. IIIT), Catch a Flight won his first graded stakes and delivered victory No. 2,000 to trainer Richard Mandella.
Joel Rosario reached 2,000 wins April 23 with his first mount of the day at Keeneland, a closing victory with Sante Cellars Racing Club's Dating Lady Luck in a 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight event over the Keeneland turf.
Jockey Joe Steiner rode his 1,000th career winner April 19 at Emerald Downs.
Trainer Jack Carava secured his 1,000th career win in the first race March 14 at Santa Anita Park.
Jockey Orlando Mojica, one of the top riders at the recent winter/spring meet at Turfway Park, booted home his 1,000th career winner April 26 at Indiana Downs.
Jockey Perry Ouzts won the 5,000th race of his career Aug. 21 when he booted Kandinsky home in the first race at River Downs in Ohio.
Veteran jockey Perry Ouzts won his 4,500th race Sunday at muddy Turfway Park after riding Private Ambition to a 1 3/4-length victory in the third race, a $5,000 claiming event.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder, Warren's Veneda Face Off in Vanity
- Wolf Man Rocket Ships in for Peter Pan Stakes
- Hardest Core in Man o' War vs. Imagining
- NYRA to Cap Belmont Attendance at 90,000
- Keeneland Simulcast Operations to Red Mile
- Pletcher Considers Preakness Stakes Options
- MarketWatch: Jamie Hill on Sires, Pinhooking
- Powers, Billy Kelly Selected for Hall of Fame
- Goo Goo Dolls to Perform Belmont Weekend
- 1995 Kentucky Derby Race Sequence