Yutaka Take became Japan's first jockey to win 100 grade or group I races! view slideshow
Yutaka Take became Japan's first jockey to win 100 grade or group I races when he guided Tosen Ra to victory in the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 17 at Kyoto.
Sadamu Patek held back determined favorite Grand Prix Boss and captured the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) on Nov. 18 at Kyoto for a breakthrough win at the top level.
Familiar rivals Strong Return and Grand Prix Boss are among the early favorites for the $2,401,686 Mile Championship (Jpn-I) at Kyoto Nov. 18.
Eishin Apollon, relishing a moist turf left by heavy rain the day before, registered his first grade I victory with an upset in the $2.5 million Mile Championship at Kyoto Racecourse in Japan Nov. 20.
Lightly regarded A Shin Forward took the lead 100 meters from the wire and held off favored Danon Yoyo in a driving finish to win the $2.3 million Mile Championship (Jpn-I) at Japan's Kyoto Racecourse Nov. 21.
Favored Durandal made it back-to-back victories in the Japan Mile Championship (Jpn-I), defeating the filly Dance in the Mood by two lengths in the $1.77 million event at Kyoto Racecourse Sunday.
Japanese-bred Durandal used a powerful late burst to beat Fine Motion by three-quarters of a length, winning the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) on the turf at Kyoto Racecourse on Sunday.
Foreign-breds ran away with the top three places of the Mile Championship (Jpn-I) Nov. 18 at Kyoto Racecourse, with Irish-bred Zenno El Cid (Caerleon--Embla, by Dominion) cruising to a three-quarter-length win.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- What's Going On Here: Gary Player's Top 10
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area