Headed by national female sprint champion Musical Romance and multiple grade I winner Turbulent Descent, the $200,000 Gallant Bloom Handicap (gr. II) Sept. 22 at Belmont Park came up as an exceptionally tough race.
Groupie Doll made it consecutive grade I wins when she dominated the field in track-record time while taking the Humana Distaff Stakes (gr. I) at Churchill Downs May 5.
Favored Tanda turned the tables on Irish Gypsy to record her first victory since May 2010, taking the $147,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
Bouncing back quickly from a disappointing trip to Saratoga two weeks earlier, Irish Gypsy heads the field in the $150,000 Rancho Bernardo Handicap (gr. III) at Del Mar Aug. 21.
The California Horse Racing Board has started an investigation into the posting of the incorrect official order of finish of the A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 16.
Front-running Irish Gypsy, all-out under urging from Martin Garcia, got to the wire in the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) by an official nose over favored Ultra Blend at Hollywood Park July 16.
A starting spot in the Sentient Jet Breeders' Cup Filly & Mare Sprint (gr. I) is at stake when a field of nine lines up for the $200,000 A Gleam Handicap (gr. II) at Hollywood Park July 16.
WinStar Farm's It's Personal, whose three stakes winners include grade II winner It's No Joke and 2011 stakes winner Mildly Offensive, was euthanized because of foaling complications.
Odds-on choice Mildly Offensive validated her impressive debut maiden win last month when she splashed to a 4 1/4-length romp in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes on a sloppy track at rainy Santa Anita March 20.
Most Popular Stories
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- F-T October Running Ahead of 2013 Record Pace
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Raffetto Joins New England HBPA Effort
- HRTV to Air Live Coverage of Breeders' Cup
- Podcast: Bob Baffert and the Breeders' Cup
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- Trakus Coming to Some Australian Racecourses