The 113-day live racing season at Delaware Park concluded Nov. 6 with the total and average daily all sources handle increasing over the figures for 109 day meet in 2009.
Delaware Park and the Delaware Thoroughbred Horsemen's Association have agreed to shave seven days from the track's 2009 racing schedule because of a decline in revenue from video lottery terminals. The change must be approved by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- TCA to Present Awards of Merit
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Catastrophic Equine Injuries' Impact on Jockey Injuries
- 74-Year-Old Horseplayer Wins 2015 NHC Title
- Flashy Debut for Royal Delta Half Brother
- Desormeaux Sets Derby Path for Texas Red
- Wildcat Red Sidelined with Back Muscle Pull
- Sportive Overcomes Fog to Win Portland Mile
- Options Abound for Holy Bull Winner Upstart