In an emotional ceremony in the winner's circle at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 25, retired jockey Ramon Dominguez was presented with the Mike Venezia Award and the 2012 Eclipse Award trophy he was unable to accept last January.
Jockey Edgar Prado will receive the New York Racing Association's 2006 Mike Venezia Award in a paddock ceremony at Belmont Park Sept. 24.
Jockey Edgar Prado, whose skill on the racetrack is matched by his passion to help children of New York's backstretch workers, was named the winner of the 2006 Mike Venezia Award, the New York Racing Association announced July 21.
Patricia Cooksey has been named the recipient of the 2004 Mike Venezia Memorial Award in a vote of fans, turf writers and jockeys.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Team Block relocating Fort Prado to Indiana
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- Amid Gloomy Forecast, Illinois Sets Dates