Lightly raced but perfectly primed for a big effort, Mike Tarp's homebred Go Maggie Go soared to her second grade II victory May 20 in the $250,000 Black-Eyed Susan Stakes (gr. II) at Pimlico Race Course.
Land Over Sea and Go Maggie Go will make a quick turnaround off positive runs in the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) to try another Friday feature May 20 in the $250,000 Black-Eyed Susan (gr. II) at Pimlico Race Course.
Mike Tarp's Go Maggie Go and J K Racing Stable's Mokat pushed the number of nominees to the Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) to 114 when the late phase of nominations closed April 13.
Mike Tarp's homebred Go Maggie Go (by Ghostzapper) making just her second career start, tops Paola Queen and odds-on favorite Off the Tracks in the 50th running of the Gulfstream Park Oaks (gr. II).
Tim O'Donohue's Wallyanna kicked into second gear with a powerful late run to upset the $200,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 8.
Graded stakes winner High Cotton sired his first winner when his son Tarpy's Goal won at Churchill Downs May 19 for owner Mike Tarp in his initial outing.
Sent off at odds of 5-2, Mike Tarp's American County went wire-to-wire to win the $250,000 Sunshine Millions Oaks at Gulfstream Park Jan. 26.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered