Mike Sellitto has taken the book of jockey Edgar Prado and will represent the Hall of Fame rider in New York while managing Kent Desormeaux's book at Keeneland, the veteran agent said April 5.
Jockey Jose Santos guided 6-1 Melodeeman to an easy victory in Saturday's fifth race at Aqueduct Racetrack, giving the Chilean his 4,000th career Thoroughbred racing victory in North America.
Funny Cide, the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner who is seeking to become the first Triple Crown winner in 25 years, impressed in his final workout when he made a surprise appearance on the Belmont Park track at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Jockey Jose Santos met with Churchill Downs stewards Monday morning concerning a controversy over a photo taken after this year's Kentucky Derby. The stewards are investigating whether Santos held something in his hand besides his whip when he crossed the finish line on May 3. Churchill Downs vice president John Asher said the stewards would hold a press conference at 2:00 p.m. (Eastern) Monday.
Most Popular Stories
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Belterra Stakes Dead Heat Follows Churchill
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill