Jockey Junior Alvarado was released from North Shore University Hospital late Saturday evening with a non displaced fracture.
Kent Desormeaux was awaiting the opinion of a specialist at Albany Medical Center on Sept. 4 to determine whether an apparent vertebrae fracture was a new injury or an old one.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Kent Desormeaux took off his Sunday mounts at Saratoga Race Course after he was involved in an automobile accident in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. According to Desormeaux's agent, Mike Sellito, the jockey was the passenger in a vehicle that collided with another car sometime late Saturday evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- Undefeated Ghalia Takes Sunland Park Oaks
- Girvin Heads Louisiana Derby Field
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Farrell Poised for Next Test in Fair Grounds Oaks
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen