Jockey Junior Alvarado was released from North Shore University Hospital late Saturday evening with a non displaced fracture.
Kent Desormeaux was awaiting the opinion of a specialist at Albany Medical Center on Sept. 4 to determine whether an apparent vertebrae fracture was a new injury or an old one.
- By Claire Novak
Jockey Kent Desormeaux took off his Sunday mounts at Saratoga Race Course after he was involved in an automobile accident in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. According to Desormeaux's agent, Mike Sellito, the jockey was the passenger in a vehicle that collided with another car sometime late Saturday evening.
Most Popular Stories
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- McCraken Top Individual in Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Girvin, Farrell Exit Fair Grounds Wins Well
- Dortmund Could Return in Triple Bend
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- El Areeb Sharp in Five-Furlong Workout
- Jockey Alex Birzer Reaches 3,000 Wins
- Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale Poised for Strength