Front-running favorite Lady Cohiba outlasted the closing White Rose to win the $150,000 Glens Falls Stakes, which was taken off the inner turf and contested on a muddy main track on closing day at Saratoga Sept. 2
Twilight Ridge, winner of the 1985 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Fillies (gr. I), died April 2 at Mike Rutherford's Manchester Farm. At 30, she was the oldest living Breeders' Cup victress.
An unnamed colt by Successful Appeal and a Malibu Moon filly named I Thirtyfive secured victories in the two races for juveniles March 16 at the 71st Aiken Trials.
Trainer Dale Romans sported a wide smile following workouts by his two top 2-year-olds at Gulfstream Park on the morning of Dec. 15.
She Digs Me, a son of Henny Hughes, blows the doors off his rivals in the six-furlong Sapling Stakes (gr. III) at Monmouth, winning by 6 1/4 lengths.
Peter Callahan's Scotus made a winning stakes debut June 18 when he took over inside the sixteenth-pole to score by one length in the $138,500 Matt Winn (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at Churchill Downs.
A weaker second sesson pulled down the overall average and median at the Fasig-Tipton Texas Yearling sale, which ended Aug. 26. Last year's second sesssion was bolstered by a record-topping $330,000 horse.
Mike Rutherford's homebred Taittinger Rose mowed down her rivals in the stretch with a bold move on the outside to register her first graded stakes victory Saturday in the $100,000 Sabin Handicap (gr. III) for fillies and mares at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Cigar Mile Stakes Card Fields Taking Shape
- Ben's Cat Faces Tough Task in Fabulous Strike
- New Jersey to Press On for Sports Betting
- Wild Again Still Impacting the Breeders' Cup
- Indiana Reports Multiple Medication Sanctions
- Suffolk Eyes Simulcast License for Next Year
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Broadcaster Edwards to Emcee Eclipse Awards
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale