Two-time champion steeplechase jockey Matt McCarron has been named the new trainer at the Pons family's Merryland Farm in Hydes, Md.
Maryland stallion Freedom Child was represented by his first two reported foals Feb. 6-7 at Country Life Farm near Bel Air, Md.
Maryland-Bred Fund sparks resurgence. Download Now
Kentucky's WinStar Farm and Maryland's Country Life Farm (owned by Josh and Mike Pons) have reached a co-ownership agreement to stand WinStar's homebred colt Cal Nation at the Pons' Merryland Farm near Hydes, Md., in 2013.
Blood-Horse executive editor of digital media Eric Mitchell hosts prominent horsemen Bobby Trussell, Rob Whiteley, Rob Keck, Mike Pons, Arthur Hancock III, and Duncan Taylor as they discuss what they see inside the numbers.
- By Tom Keyser
At the risk of losing even more credibility with state lawmakers and despite a deadline imposed by the Maryland Racing Commission, the state's racing industry acknowledged Monday it has not made peace among the ranks. If anything, the disparate factions demonstrated that resolving their disputes is a longshot.
Representatives of the Maryland horse industry and the state Department of Agriculture are on a 12-day trip to Russia. One objective is to secure Russian buyers for Maryland horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown