Kentucky's WinStar Farm and Maryland's Country Life Farm (owned by Josh and Mike Pons) have reached a co-ownership agreement to stand WinStar's homebred colt Cal Nation at the Pons' Merryland Farm near Hydes, Md., in 2013.
Blood-Horse executive editor of digital media Eric Mitchell hosts prominent horsemen Bobby Trussell, Rob Whiteley, Rob Keck, Mike Pons, Arthur Hancock III, and Duncan Taylor as they discuss what they see inside the numbers.
At the risk of losing even more credibility with state lawmakers and despite a deadline imposed by the Maryland Racing Commission, the state's racing industry acknowledged Monday it has not made peace among the ranks. If anything, the disparate factions demonstrated that resolving their disputes is a longshot.
Representatives of the Maryland horse industry and the state Department of Agriculture are on a 12-day trip to Russia. One objective is to secure Russian buyers for Maryland horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- Panelists to Horse Racing: Spin Isn't In
- Racing is Ripe for More Advanced Statistics
- St Nicholas Abbey Progresses in Recovery
- NYRA Chief Discusses Aspects of Growth Plan
- Giving 'L' Legitimacy - Eric Mitchell
- BloodHorse.com New Navigation Tour
- Castellano Closing on Season Earnings Record
- Suffolk Casino Project to be Put to New Vote
- Arqana Sale Closes With Records