Mike Mullaney, who currently serves as executive director of the New York State Horse Breeding Development Fund, will be returning to Florida to serve as the managing editor of Florida Equine Communications.
The Yavapai County Farm & Agriculture Association, which operates Yavapai Downs in Prescott Valley, Ariz., announced July 13 that it has filed for protection under Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Yavapai Downs will not run a race meet in 2011 due to financial difficulties. Track management informed the Arizona Racing Commission and horsemen of the cancellation at a May 25 meeting.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
An AHC study says Atlanta ranks behind only Lexington and Ocala, Fla., in terms of horse ownership. By Mike Mullaney. Read Blog
Caton Bredar has been named executive producer of the new media development department at Gulfstream Park, track officials announced Dec. 16.
It appears the Louisiana (gr. II) and Florida (gr. I) Derbies will be run on the same day in 2010.
Gulfstream Park said its average daily all-sources handle rose 3.6% and that its average daily on-track handle was up 7.2% during this year's first two months.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
As Gulfstream Park enters into its self-proclaimed "new era in racing," it will be doing so without one of the key members of its management team.
Most Popular Stories
- Tonalist, Noble Bird Among Whitney Workers
- After Anxious Moment, American Pharoah Cool
- Monmouth, New Jersey Racing Enjoy Spotlight
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Jockey Jellison Dies of Cancer at Age 51
- Jockey Russell Back in Action at Laurel Park
- Rachel's Valentina to Debut Aug. 2 at Spa
- Retired Trainer Dutton Dies at 87
- Arlington, Hawthorne Mesh '16 Dates Schedules
- Most Inspiring First Winner for Gio Ponti