The Yavapai County Farm & Agriculture Association, which operates Yavapai Downs in Prescott Valley, Ariz., announced July 13 that it has filed for protection under Chapter 7 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.
Yavapai Downs will not run a race meet in 2011 due to financial difficulties. Track management informed the Arizona Racing Commission and horsemen of the cancellation at a May 25 meeting.
The Yavapai County Fairgrounds' board of trustees has contracted Bill Murphy to be its consulting executive director and Mike Mullaney to be its on-site general manager. The Arizona track slated to open May 28.
An AHC study says Atlanta ranks behind only Lexington and Ocala, Fla., in terms of horse ownership. By Mike Mullaney. Read Blog
Caton Bredar has been named executive producer of the new media development department at Gulfstream Park, track officials announced Dec. 16.
It appears the Louisiana (gr. II) and Florida (gr. I) Derbies will be run on the same day in 2010.
Gulfstream Park said its average daily all-sources handle rose 3.6% and that its average daily on-track handle was up 7.2% during this year's first two months.
Dennis Testa has left Gulfstream Park, where he has served as director of operations since 1998.
As Gulfstream Park enters into its self-proclaimed "new era in racing," it will be doing so without one of the key members of its management team.
Most Popular Stories
- Positive Outlook for Fasig-Tipton Yearlings
- Fasig-Tipton Kentucky: July 2014 Sale Preview
- The Thoroughbred Racehorse Foot
- Ortiz, Castellano Finish in Tie at Belmont
- New Journeyman Cabrera Wins Lone Star Title
- Story to Tell, La Grange Win Juvenile Stakes
- Wildcat Red Posts Bullet Breeze for Haskell
- A Conversation With Michael Straight
- No Catching Unspurned in Bison City Stakes
- Gallante Shocks Soggy Grand Prix de Paris