Team Valor and Margaux Farm of Midway, Ky., have purchased 75 percent of San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) winner Omega Code for $1.1 million, Team Valor president Barry Irwin said Friday.
Bay colt, foaled Feb. 7, 2000
Elusive Quality -- Tin Oaks, by Deputy Minister
Omega Code, an authoritative one-length winner of Sunday's $107,800 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at six furlongs, could have a new owner soon.
Wesley Ward says Omega Code is one of the best horses he's ever trained, putting him in the ranks of venerable Men's Exclusive, a 10-year-old that has earned more than $1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Stall Guns for Departing's Grade I in Whitney
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- Del Mar Once Again Shifting Races Off Turf
- Darley's Hard Spun to Return From Japan
- Millionaire Halo Dolly Retired from Racing
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Keeneland September Catalogs More Than 4,000
- Best Pal is Next Chapter for Story to Tell
- Handle Declines at Churchill-Owned Tracks