Team Valor and Margaux Farm of Midway, Ky., have purchased 75 percent of San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) winner Omega Code for $1.1 million, Team Valor president Barry Irwin said Friday.
Bay colt, foaled Feb. 7, 2000
Elusive Quality -- Tin Oaks, by Deputy Minister
Omega Code, an authoritative one-length winner of Sunday's $107,800 San Miguel Stakes (gr. III) for 3-year-olds at six furlongs, could have a new owner soon.
Wesley Ward says Omega Code is one of the best horses he's ever trained, putting him in the ranks of venerable Men's Exclusive, a 10-year-old that has earned more than $1 million.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze
- Abashiri Sweeps South African Triple Crown
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Early Morning Workout
- Romans' Derby Pair Breezes at Churchill
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses