The Thoroughbred Charities of America has appointed Eric Hamelback and Michael McMahon to its board of directors.
The Keeneland September yearling sale crossed the finish line of its marathon run Sept. 21 in Lexington with average and median prices that increased for the third year in a row.
While rest of the world worries about the European debt crisis and America's high unemployment rate, horsemen are starting to see signs that the struggling Thoroughbred market is taking a turn for the better.
Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the market during the first week of the Keeneland November breeding stock sale in Lexington.
Lexington-based McMahon Bloodstock and Hidden Brook Farm in Paris are involved in a cooperative effort to bolster business for their individual companies during a time of economic challenges.
The Keeneland April sale of 2-year-olds in training was the fifth and final major select juvenile auction of the year, and its results followed the downward trends seen at the earlier sales. Read what buyers and consignors had to say about the market in Lexington April 6 and 7.
Horsemen discussed the tough market at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale during its second session Nov. 4 in Lexington.
Participants in Keeneland's April juvenile auction talk about the horses and the new format.
Most Popular Stories
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Secretariat Celebration Set for March 29
- KY House Speaker: Gambling Amendment Dead
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Michael D'Angelo Dies at 55
- Kentucky Horsemen Prepped on New Drug Rules
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- NTRA Safety Alliance Re-Accredits Aqueduct
- Fair Grounds Hall of Fame Inducts Proud Spell
- Breeders' Cup Ramps Up Recruiting in Europe