Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Del Mar stewards heard two hours of testimony Friday during the second day of jockey Patrick Valenzuela's hair follicle testing case before adjourning the suspension challenge until Sunday morning.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela met informally with Santa Anita stewards Pete Pedersen, Tom Ward and Ingrid Fermin Wednesday morning, nearly three weeks after the 41-year-old rider was suspended Jan. 23 for failing to fulfill the provisions of his conditional license.
Most Popular Stories
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Noble Bird May Start in Pegasus
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- California Chrome Focused in Penultimate Move
- New York trainer/breeder DiSanto Dies at 62
- Lockdown Cruises in Busanda Win
- High Profile Fillies in Fair Grounds Stakes