Jockey Patrick Valenzuela, seeking reinstatement from a suspension that has been in effect since July 2, testified Sunday that he was unaware that he was required to provide hair samples for drug testing.
Del Mar stewards heard two hours of testimony Friday during the second day of jockey Patrick Valenzuela's hair follicle testing case before adjourning the suspension challenge until Sunday morning.
Jockey Patrick Valenzuela met informally with Santa Anita stewards Pete Pedersen, Tom Ward and Ingrid Fermin Wednesday morning, nearly three weeks after the 41-year-old rider was suspended Jan. 23 for failing to fulfill the provisions of his conditional license.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Birdatthewire Makes Gulfstream Return
- Evangeline Downs Hosts LA Legends Night