Network will provide live on-site coverage of all three Triple Crown races this spring and the Breeders' Cup later this year.
With bright sunshine and a forecast for a high temperature of 80 degrees and little humidity, Preakness Day 2012 is looming as a picture perfect day that should lure a large crowd to Pimlico Race Course.
Mike Gathagan of the Maryland Jockey Club sets the scene for Preakness 137. Watch Video
Mine That Bird, the surprise winner of the May 2 Kentucky Derby Presented By Yum! Brands (gr. I), will run in the May 16 Preakness Stakes (gr. I), according to Pimlico spokesman Mike Gathagan.
For the second consecutive year, the Horse Racing Radio Network has reached an agreement with officials at Pimlico Race Course and the Maryland Jockey Club to become the exclusive national radio network for the Preakness Stakes (gr. I), the middle jewel of Thoroughbred racing's Triple Crown.
Heavy rain in the Baltimore-Washington, D.C.-area has forced Saturday's Maryland Million card at Laurel Park to be postponed until next Saturday, Oct. 15.
John Lee, director of broadcasting for the New York Racing Association, was elected president of the Turf Publicists of America, which announced its slate of officers during the Racing Industry Symposium at the University of Arizona Dec. 8.
The Maryland Jockey Club has hired Frank Carulli as racing analyst and handicapper effective Jan. 30. Carulli, 39, racing analyst and publicity coordinator at Charles Town, will take over duties at Pimlico and Laurel Park now shared by three people.
Racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11