Two Del Mar Thoroughbred Club executives have been promoted "to reflect the organization's top-level leadership team's equal stature and balance."
The boutique Del Mar meet continued on a successful note entering its final full week of racing with sizeable increases in ontrack and all-sources wagering, though attendance was down slightly from 2011.
A shorter racing week helped Del Mar register gains in average daily attendance and pari-mutuel handle, the California racetrack reported Sept. 9, closing day of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta in Foal to War Front Again
- Treve Terrific in Corrida Romp at Saint-Cloud
- Pedigree Analysis: Lovely Maria
- Bill Puts USADA in Charge of Drug Testing
- Grade I Producer Critics Acclaim Dies
- Carpe Diem, Madefromlucky Work in Company
- Blood-Horse Unveils Multimedia Tablet Edition
- Coalition Formed to Support Federal Drug Bill
- Company Tied to NYRA Chair Part of Indictment
- Amanpour Brings $1.5M on Final MM Select Day