Two Del Mar Thoroughbred Club executives have been promoted "to reflect the organization's top-level leadership team's equal stature and balance."
The boutique Del Mar meet continued on a successful note entering its final full week of racing with sizeable increases in ontrack and all-sources wagering, though attendance was down slightly from 2011.
A shorter racing week helped Del Mar register gains in average daily attendance and pari-mutuel handle, the California racetrack reported Sept. 9, closing day of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Drefong's Win a Boost for Machmer Hall
- Cavorting to Distaff, Mohaymen Gets Time Off
- Monmouth Gets Donation, Alters Shipper Policy
- Arrogate's Romp Enhances Half Sister's Value
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Belvoir Bay Makes the Grade in Torrey Pines
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Romero Rides First Winner at Indiana Grand