Two Del Mar Thoroughbred Club executives have been promoted "to reflect the organization's top-level leadership team's equal stature and balance."
The boutique Del Mar meet continued on a successful note entering its final full week of racing with sizeable increases in ontrack and all-sources wagering, though attendance was down slightly from 2011.
A shorter racing week helped Del Mar register gains in average daily attendance and pari-mutuel handle, the California racetrack reported Sept. 9, closing day of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Weather Impacts Churchill June 23 Program