Two Del Mar Thoroughbred Club executives have been promoted "to reflect the organization's top-level leadership team's equal stature and balance."
The boutique Del Mar meet continued on a successful note entering its final full week of racing with sizeable increases in ontrack and all-sources wagering, though attendance was down slightly from 2011.
A shorter racing week helped Del Mar register gains in average daily attendance and pari-mutuel handle, the California racetrack reported Sept. 9, closing day of the meet.
Most Popular Stories
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- The Influence of His Majesty
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- AHC: Bonus Depreciation Bill Passed by House