The Ohio Roundtable, an anti-gambling organization, asked the Franklin County Court of Appeals Jan. 17 to reject a decision by the Franklin County Common Pleas Court, which last year dismissed a lawsuit challenging VLTs.
Efforts to facilitate installation of video lottery terminals at Ohio racetracks continued to quicken Dec. 22 when a public policy group that filed suit over VLTs was given a deadline to respond to motions to dismiss.
The office of Ohio Attorney General Michael DeWine filed papers in Franklin County Common Pleas Court Dec. 9 to dismiss a lawsuit filed by the Ohio Roundtable, a group that opposes racetrack VLTs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded