Monmouth Park has announced it has raised all non-stakes purses on the William Hill Haskell Invitational (gr. I) program July 28 by 20%.
Mike Dempsey, director of racing at Monmouth Park, announced Aug. 13 that new rules regarding riding crops used by jockeys, and the use of toe grabs on racing shoes will go into effect at the New Jersey track starting Aug. 19.
Taylor Made Farm in Nicholasville, Ky. has teamed up with Monmouth Park Racetrack to sponsor "The Taylor Made Matchmaker Stakes," a grade III event worth $150,000 to be run on Haskell Day, Sunday, Aug. 7, this year.
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide, winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), will carry highweight of 123 pounds in the $1-million Haskell Invitational (gr. I), Monmouth Park's signature event for 3-year-olds, on Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Is Early Detection of Arthritis in Horses Finally a Reality?
- Bayern, 'Chrome Work Toward Possible Rematch
- Juvenile Catalina Red Sets Tampa Track Mark
- Lady Pimpernel Gets First U.S. Win in Frankel
- Shared Belief Sprints to Game Malibu Triumph
- Apprentice Rider Ramgeet Out Indefinitely
- Jockey Bain, 62, Wins Again at Gulfstream
- Taris to be Sidelined After Injury in La Brea
- Distinctiv Passion Rockets to Midnight Lute
- Ghost Bay Breaks Maiden in Maryland Juvenile