Michael Anifantis has been named director of racing for Monmouth Park Racetrack to replace the retiring Mike Dempsey.
Monmouth Park said Nov. 17 that director of racing Mike Dempsey, who has been associated with the track since 1979, has announced his retirement, effective Dec. 31.
Monmouth Park has announced it has raised all non-stakes purses on the William Hill Haskell Invitational (gr. I) program July 28 by 20%.
Mike Dempsey, director of racing at Monmouth Park, announced Aug. 13 that new rules regarding riding crops used by jockeys, and the use of toe grabs on racing shoes will go into effect at the New Jersey track starting Aug. 19.
Taylor Made Farm in Nicholasville, Ky. has teamed up with Monmouth Park Racetrack to sponsor "The Taylor Made Matchmaker Stakes," a grade III event worth $150,000 to be run on Haskell Day, Sunday, Aug. 7, this year.
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide, winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), will carry highweight of 123 pounds in the $1-million Haskell Invitational (gr. I), Monmouth Park's signature event for 3-year-olds, on Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Canterbury Park Tweaks September Race Schedule
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds
- Durkin to Lead Personalized Tours of Hall of Fame