Monmouth Park has announced it has raised all non-stakes purses on the William Hill Haskell Invitational (gr. I) program July 28 by 20%.
Mike Dempsey, director of racing at Monmouth Park, announced Aug. 13 that new rules regarding riding crops used by jockeys, and the use of toe grabs on racing shoes will go into effect at the New Jersey track starting Aug. 19.
Taylor Made Farm in Nicholasville, Ky. has teamed up with Monmouth Park Racetrack to sponsor "The Taylor Made Matchmaker Stakes," a grade III event worth $150,000 to be run on Haskell Day, Sunday, Aug. 7, this year.
Sackatoga Stable's Funny Cide, winner of the Kentucky Derby and Preakness Stakes (both gr. I), will carry highweight of 123 pounds in the $1-million Haskell Invitational (gr. I), Monmouth Park's signature event for 3-year-olds, on Aug. 3.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- Let Faith Arise Puts Santa Margarita On Ice
- Golden Lad Pulls Away for Razorback Romp
- Close Hatches Proves Class in Azeri Stakes
- Onlyforyou Euthanized After Training Accident
- Centre Court Scores Game Honey Fox Repeat
- Cairo Prince Leads Florida Derby Worktab
- Miss Mossman Surprises in New Zealand Oaks
- Champs Beholder, She's a Tiger Post Workouts
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog