The Nov. 29 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) for older horses at 1 3/4 miles at Woodbine, features eight runners including Melmich and the retiring champion Pender Harbour.
Pender Harbour will attempt to go farther than he ever has before when he lines up against an expected eight opponents in the $150,000 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) on closing day of the 2014 Woodbine meet Dec. 7.
Favored Passion for Action, making his stakes debut, kicked clear in the drive for an impressive 3 1/4-length win in the $223,966 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian-breds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 12.
Pender Harbour, third in last month's Queen's Plate, captured the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown when he held off the surging Bowman's Causeway by a nose in the $524,000 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park