The Nov. 29 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) for older horses at 1 3/4 miles at Woodbine, features eight runners including Melmich and the retiring champion Pender Harbour.
Pender Harbour will attempt to go farther than he ever has before when he lines up against an expected eight opponents in the $150,000 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) on closing day of the 2014 Woodbine meet Dec. 7.
Favored Passion for Action, making his stakes debut, kicked clear in the drive for an impressive 3 1/4-length win in the $223,966 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian-breds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 12.
Pender Harbour, third in last month's Queen's Plate, captured the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown when he held off the surging Bowman's Causeway by a nose in the $524,000 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Relaxed Debuts Helped Brody's Cause, Creator
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Vitali Seeks to Get Florida License Restored