The Nov. 29 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) for older horses at 1 3/4 miles at Woodbine, features eight runners including Melmich and the retiring champion Pender Harbour.
Pender Harbour will attempt to go farther than he ever has before when he lines up against an expected eight opponents in the $150,000 Valedictory Stakes (Can-III) on closing day of the 2014 Woodbine meet Dec. 7.
Favored Passion for Action, making his stakes debut, kicked clear in the drive for an impressive 3 1/4-length win in the $223,966 Cup and Saucer Stakes for 2-year-old Canadian-breds on the Woodbine turf Oct. 12.
Pender Harbour, third in last month's Queen's Plate, captured the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown when he held off the surging Bowman's Causeway by a nose in the $524,000 Prince of Wales Stakes at Fort Erie July 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Morris to Ride Mongolian Saturday in July Cup
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- 375 Yearlings Cataloged for Arqana Sale
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes