The team connected to champion Zenyatta reported a saddening loss Oct. 29 when a weanling War Front filly out of the 2010 Horse of the Year was euthanized following an Oct. 28 paddock accident at Lane's End Farm.
Gemologist, winner of the April 7 Resorts World Casino New York City Wood Memorial Stakes (gr. I), was a weanling when he made his first and only appearance in the auction ring.
As Zenyatta becomes accustomed to being a mother to her newborn Bernardini colt, numerous questions have been raised by fans -- from how the champion mare is handling her new role--to which stallion she will be bred to next.
Zenyatta, last year's Horse of the Year for Jerry and Ann Moss, is no longer in foal.
Fit to Fight, one of the original three stallions to enter stud at Mr. and Mrs. William S. Farish's Lane's End near Versailles, Ky., was euthanized Friday, May 30, due to the infirmities of old age.
The Consignors and Commercial Breeders Association (CBA) has elected its first Board of Directors.
Will Farish has not attended Keeneland's September yearling sale since he became the U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain in 2001. But the Lane's End Farm owner is back for this year's edition of the auction.
Battle Creek Girl, a multiple stakes producer who has been kept busy her broodmare years, produced her 20th foal.
Millionaire Came Home, whose $40,000 fee is the highest for an incoming stallion, covered his first two mares Feb. 12
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Look Back: Justakiss, Ole Liz Win Divisions of Bewitch
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017