The connections of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) hopeful Condo Commando passed on a trip to last year's Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park and have a fresh, strong contender at Churchill Downs.
Odds-on choice Grace Hall took command leaving the final turn and drew out to a dominating 5 3/4-length win over four opponents in the $205,600 Indiana Oaks (gr. II). Oct. 6 at Hoosier Park.
When Grace Hall crosses Union Avenue from Barn 57 en route to an engagement in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 18, a plan masterminded by trainer Tony Dutrow could come closer to fruition.
The fact Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Grace Hall has had such a stellar campaign has been especially meaningful for co-owner Mike Caruso, a wrestling champion who used to compete at the arena for which the filly was named.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- A New Brand of Hero
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- Tampa Bay Downs Ready for Summer Festival