The connections of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) hopeful Condo Commando passed on a trip to last year's Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park and have a fresh, strong contender at Churchill Downs.
Odds-on choice Grace Hall took command leaving the final turn and drew out to a dominating 5 3/4-length win over four opponents in the $205,600 Indiana Oaks (gr. II). Oct. 6 at Hoosier Park.
When Grace Hall crosses Union Avenue from Barn 57 en route to an engagement in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 18, a plan masterminded by trainer Tony Dutrow could come closer to fruition.
The fact Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Grace Hall has had such a stellar campaign has been especially meaningful for co-owner Mike Caruso, a wrestling champion who used to compete at the arena for which the filly was named.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds