Odds-on choice Grace Hall took command leaving the final turn and drew out to a dominating 5 3/4-length win over four opponents in the $205,600 Indiana Oaks (gr. II). Oct. 6 at Hoosier Park.
When Grace Hall crosses Union Avenue from Barn 57 en route to an engagement in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 18, a plan masterminded by trainer Tony Dutrow could come closer to fruition.
The fact Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Grace Hall has had such a stellar campaign has been especially meaningful for co-owner Mike Caruso, a wrestling champion who used to compete at the arena for which the filly was named.
Most Popular Stories
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Awesome Baby Heads Speedy Field in La Brea
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity
- Los Alamitos Concludes Successful Winter Meet
- Clement Trio Looms Large in La Prevoyante
- Strong Field Set for Mathis Brothers Mile