The connections of Longines Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) hopeful Condo Commando passed on a trip to last year's Breeders' Cup at Santa Anita Park and have a fresh, strong contender at Churchill Downs.
Odds-on choice Grace Hall took command leaving the final turn and drew out to a dominating 5 3/4-length win over four opponents in the $205,600 Indiana Oaks (gr. II). Oct. 6 at Hoosier Park.
When Grace Hall crosses Union Avenue from Barn 57 en route to an engagement in the $600,000 Alabama Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 18, a plan masterminded by trainer Tony Dutrow could come closer to fruition.
The fact Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) contender Grace Hall has had such a stellar campaign has been especially meaningful for co-owner Mike Caruso, a wrestling champion who used to compete at the arena for which the filly was named.
Most Popular Stories
- Casse Cues Up Sam F. Davis Wildcard
- 'Conversation' Back in NorCal for El Camino
- Legends: Rachel Alexandra, Filly for the Ages
- Taking Shergar
- Birdatthewire Heads Santa Maria Field
- Sandiva Tries Dirt in Royal Delta
- Rafting Set for 2016 Debut in Sam F. Davis
- Dominguez Ruled Eligible for Hall of Fame
- Tepin Set for Season Debut in Endeavour
- Young Turf Trio Tries Obviously in Arcadia