Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Ortiz Lands 1,000th Win in John Morrisey
- Birdatthewire Targets Molly Pitcher Stakes
- Lady Eli Pointed to Aug. 27 Ballston Spa
- A Longshot in the Vanderbilt Handicap
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Mountaineer's Leading Trainer Suspended