Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning