Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Divisidero, Bolo Meet in Deep Belmont Derby
- Lady Eli Heads Brown's Belmont Oaks Hand
- Texas Red Provides Dwyer Stakes Star Power
- Kentuckian Tops Los Alamitos Derby Field
- Classic Winner Tonalist Towers Over Suburban
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Grade I Winners Meet in Belmont Sprint
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- Twining Dies in Japan at Age 24
- California Implements New Whip Rule