Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Pegasus Workers Drill Across Florida
- Chrome and Arrogate: Who to Root For?
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- Classic Empire On Track for Holy Bull
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- For January Race, Pegasus Field Depth Impressive