Capac, strong winner of a Feb. 4 allowance race at Laurel Park, is scheduled to make his stakes debut in the $40,000 Miracle Wood Stakes Feb. 28 at the Maryland racetrack.
The much talked about Capac made a triumphant 3-year-old debut Wednesday, charging to the lead at the head of the stretch in a seven-furlong allowance race at Laurel, then drawing off to a convincing 3 3/4-length score.
Just who is Capac? Why was Bob Baffert so determined to buy the son of Deputy Minister off one maiden victory in the slop? Why was Bobby Frankel also interested? Why did Richard Santulli finally buy quarter-interest for a mid-six-figure price? Perhaps we'll find out on Wednesday.
Most Popular Stories
- Hoppertunity, Constitution Head Clark
- American Pharoah Touted in Derby Future Wager
- Indiana Trainer Facing Three-Year Suspension
- Sweeping New Drug Rules Approved in New York
- Voting Open for Secretariat Vox Populi Award
- Penn National Postpones Big Wednesday Card
- TAA Accredits 19 Aftercare Organizations
- Millennium Releases Stallion Roster, Fees
- Old Friends Sets Open House for Silver Charm
- Hoppertunity Gets Churchill Chance in Clark