Former Calder Casino & Race Course racing secretary Mike Anifantis will join Hialeah Park next month as assistant racing secretary for its upcoming Quarter Horse meet.
John Marshall, Calder's top racing official since 2009, has taken another management job with parent company Churchill Downs Inc.
Calder Casino & Race Course recently announced its 2013 stakes schedule, which will have 40 stakes races all with purses of $75,000 or higher from April 6, its opening day, through Dec. 28.
An extended delay prior to the first race brought about by periods of excessive lightning led officials at Calder Casino & Race Course to cancel its 11-race live racing program for Aug. 3.
Calder Casino & Race Course will open its Tropical meet Oct. 1 and will have racing Thursdays through Mondays until Dec. 2. Gulfstream Park, which usually opens in January, will occupy the December calendar this year.
Calder Casino & Race Course announced Nov. 19 a reduction to overnight purses at the current Tropical Meet, as well as changes to the meet's stakes schedule as part of the ongoing effort to manage the track's overall position
Most Popular Stories
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- Kentucky Suspends Umarov for 10 Years
- Destin Work is 'Stamina Builder' for Belmont
- Rockingham to End All Operations Aug. 31
- Candy Ride Colt Tops Barretts Sale
- Little Nappy is Shackleford's First Winner
- Taris Could Opt for Triple Bend Over Vanity
- Velasquez to Ride Full-Time at Gulfstream
- Catch a Glimpse Probable for Penn Mile
- Governor Malibu Has Strong Work for Belmont