Former Calder Casino & Race Course racing secretary Mike Anifantis will join Hialeah Park next month as assistant racing secretary for its upcoming Quarter Horse meet.
John Marshall, Calder's top racing official since 2009, has taken another management job with parent company Churchill Downs Inc.
Calder Casino & Race Course recently announced its 2013 stakes schedule, which will have 40 stakes races all with purses of $75,000 or higher from April 6, its opening day, through Dec. 28.
An extended delay prior to the first race brought about by periods of excessive lightning led officials at Calder Casino & Race Course to cancel its 11-race live racing program for Aug. 3.
Calder Casino & Race Course will open its Tropical meet Oct. 1 and will have racing Thursdays through Mondays until Dec. 2. Gulfstream Park, which usually opens in January, will occupy the December calendar this year.
Calder Casino & Race Course announced Nov. 19 a reduction to overnight purses at the current Tropical Meet, as well as changes to the meet's stakes schedule as part of the ongoing effort to manage the track's overall position
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam