Former Calder Casino & Race Course racing secretary Mike Anifantis will join Hialeah Park next month as assistant racing secretary for its upcoming Quarter Horse meet.
John Marshall, Calder's top racing official since 2009, has taken another management job with parent company Churchill Downs Inc.
Calder Casino & Race Course recently announced its 2013 stakes schedule, which will have 40 stakes races all with purses of $75,000 or higher from April 6, its opening day, through Dec. 28.
An extended delay prior to the first race brought about by periods of excessive lightning led officials at Calder Casino & Race Course to cancel its 11-race live racing program for Aug. 3.
Calder Casino & Race Course will open its Tropical meet Oct. 1 and will have racing Thursdays through Mondays until Dec. 2. Gulfstream Park, which usually opens in January, will occupy the December calendar this year.
Calder Casino & Race Course announced Nov. 19 a reduction to overnight purses at the current Tropical Meet, as well as changes to the meet's stakes schedule as part of the ongoing effort to manage the track's overall position
Most Popular Stories
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill