With the glow of the sun pink on the horizon and most of the Pimlico Race Course stakes barn just beginning to rustle with activity, Preakness Stakes (G1) winner Cloud Computing departed from Baltimore to return to his Belmont Park home base May 21.
When he enters the gate May 20 at Pimlico Race Course for the Preakness Stakes (G1), just how well Conquest Mo Money can run will be put to its toughest test.
Trainer Miguel Hernandez said Conquest Mo Money came out of the Arkansas Derby (G1) well and that he and owner Tom McKenna will discuss whether to pay the $200,000 for a supplemental nomination to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1).
Conquest Mo Money, an Uncle Mo colt who was purchased for just $8,500, will look to become just the third locally trained horse to win the Sunland Derby (G3).
New Mexico's hopes for the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (G1)—for now, at least—appear to run through Judge Lanier Racing's Conquest Mo Money.
Show Some Magic, a maiden winner at Saratoga Race Course in August, broke through against winners for the first time in the $100,000 Riley Allison Futurity Dec. 23 at Sunland Park in New Mexico.
The 2011-12 season at Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino ended with a total handle increase of nearly 5%, the track reported April 18.
Favored Black Hills closed stoutly from the rear of the pack on the final turn and romped to a five-length victory in the $100,000 Sunland Park Handicap in New Mexico April 17.
Zia Park Distance Championship winner Imco Spirit has been named Thoroughbred of the meet, for the Zia Park season that concluded Dec. 7.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- G. G. Ryder Wins All American in Blanket Finish
- Weekend Hideaway Repeats in Commentator
- Gun Runner Breezes for Stephen Foster
- Connections Plan Breeders' Cup Trip for Top Casablanca
- Fourstar Crook Continues Turf Win Streak
- Danzing Candy Wires Lone Star Handicap
- Rey de Oro wins Japanese Derby
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Ashleyluvssugar Wins Second Charles Whittingham