We Miss Artie, currently on the Triple Crown trail for trainer Todd Pletcher, was installed the 4-1 favorite Winterbook favorite for the 155th edition of the Queen's Plate, it was announced March 20.
Hill 'n' Dale Farms said Nov. 4 Midnight Lute will stand the 2014 breeding season for a fee of $25,000 live foal, stands and nurses.
Watch the Queen's Plate race from a track-side view. view slideshow
Midnight Aria gave trainer Nick Gonzalez his second win in the $947,012 Queen's Plate since 2010 with a gate-to-wire upset victory by a half-length July 7 over the Polytrack at rain-soaked Woodbine.
Dynamic Sky, ridden patiently by Joel Rosario, nosed out a game His Race to Win to capture the $147,903 Plate Trial in a superb finish June 9 at Woodbine.
Uncaptured, Canada's 2012 Horse of the Year, was caught a bit short in his return to Woodbine May 5 when Pyrite Mountain swept past him to deep stretch to take the $115,690 Wando Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Goldencents vs. Wise Dan Showdown Likely
- OBS August Yearling Sale Ends With Declines
- Deep Spinaway Cast for Durkin's Final Call
- Back on Dirt at Keeneland; New Track Opens
- I Spent It, Competitve Edge Enter Hopeful
- Pleasantly Perfect to Taylor Made Stallions
- Cat's Claw Seeks Four in a Row in Glens Falls
- Enterprising Chases Sweep in Del Mar Derby
- Torrey Pines: Jojo Warrior, Fashion Plate Vie
- Bandbox Retired to Northview Stallion Station