Favored Lukes Alley posted his third consecutive win and fourth in five starts when rallying from last to capture the $198,407 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) by a neck Nov. 9 at Woodbine.
Tucci Stables' Midnight Aria, wire-to-wire winner of last year's Queen's Plate, will look to get back in the stakes column as he takes on five rivals in the $200,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Nov. 9.
We Miss Artie, currently on the Triple Crown trail for trainer Todd Pletcher, was installed the 4-1 favorite Winterbook favorite for the 155th edition of the Queen's Plate, it was announced March 20.
Hill 'n' Dale Farms said Nov. 4 Midnight Lute will stand the 2014 breeding season for a fee of $25,000 live foal, stands and nurses.
Watch the Queen's Plate race from a track-side view. view slideshow
Midnight Aria gave trainer Nick Gonzalez his second win in the $947,012 Queen's Plate since 2010 with a gate-to-wire upset victory by a half-length July 7 over the Polytrack at rain-soaked Woodbine.
Dynamic Sky, ridden patiently by Joel Rosario, nosed out a game His Race to Win to capture the $147,903 Plate Trial in a superb finish June 9 at Woodbine.
Uncaptured, Canada's 2012 Horse of the Year, was caught a bit short in his return to Woodbine May 5 when Pyrite Mountain swept past him to deep stretch to take the $115,690 Wando Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Ocho Ocho Ocho Cashes Jackpot, Now 3-for-3
- Take Charge Brandi Takes Down Delta Princess
- Honor Code Inhales Allowance Foes in Return
- Three Hearts Breaks Through in Red Carpet
- Sunbean in Hand for Easy Delta Mile Victory
- Sinatra Leaving Parx to Take MJC Position
- Lubash Looks Like a Million in Tropical Turf
- Del Mar Employee Honored for Heroic Action
- Mahoning Valley Opens Inaugural Meet Nov. 24
- Cardinal Handicap Falls to Strike Charmer