William S. Farish's homebred Student Council blazed to a 3 1/4-length victory in Saturday night's $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup at Sam Houston Race Park.
Mr. Pursuit has been installed as the 3-1 morning-line favorite in Saturday's $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup at Sam Houston Race Park.
William Farish's Patriot Act, runner-up by a neck when favored in the Tenacious Handicap last month, gets a chance to make amends in the Louisiana Breeders' Cup Handicap Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Steve Mongerson's Smalltown Slew, a close second in the opening day Thanksgiving Handicap, is the tepid 7-2 morning line choice over a full field for the inaugural running of the $75,000 Bonapaw Stakes Saturday at Fair Grounds Race Course.
Trainer Al Stall Jr. couldn't make the trip to Houston from Louisiana, but he liked what he saw via simulcast as Middleweight captured the $100,000 Maxxam Gold Cup Handicap Saturday night at Sam Houston Race Park.
Team Valor Stables' Onthedeanslist set the pace, then held off the charge of odds-on favorite Fort Prado to capture the $75,000 Col. E.R. Bradley Handicap for older turf horses Sunday at the Fair Grounds meet at Harrah's Louisiana Downs.
Minister Eric, prepping for the $1.5 million Bessemer Trust Juvenile, and The Tin Man, a candidate for the $2 million John Deere Turf, each worked Friday morning for Richard Mandella.
Led by La Jolla Handicap (gr. IIIT) winner Singletary, a field of 10 3-year-olds is entered Saturday in the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Arrogate Unanimous Top Choice in NTRA Poll
- Society's Chairman Continues Beating the Odds