Buckram Oak Farm's 4-year-old Silver Train emerged as a star in the 3-year-old sprint division last fall and he'll try to pick up where he left off in Saturday's $200,000 Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. II) in his 2006 debut at Gulfstream Park.
Trainer Todd Pletcher has a host of Saratoga stakes wins to his credit and hopes to add one more to the list when he saddles Vicarage in Sunday's $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II), going six furlongs.
Roman Ruler, disappointing at best in his 3-year-old season so far, could be ready to salvage the year. Under slight urging from jockey Jerry Bailey, the talented son of Fusaichi Pegasus won the $150,000 Dwyer Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park Monday by a half-length over the hard-trying Flower Alley.
A group of eight 3-year-old colts passed the entry box for the 21st running of the Riva Ridge Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. II) on Saturday's Belmont Stakes (gr. I) undercard.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- KY-Bred Ryans Charm Scores Repeat in Peru GI
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Mid-Year Look at the BC Classic
- RTCA Seeking Nominees for White Horse Award
- Welfare and Safety Summit Set for June 28