The Jockey Club has reduced the price of microchips for sale to owners and breeders by 50%, from $20 to $10 per chip.
The Jockey Club announced March 3, as a free service to the Thoroughbred industry, owners and breeders can now report and look up microchip numbers through Interactive Registration accounts.
- By Jack Shinar
The possibility that trainers may be covertly sneaking horses off backstretches for shock wave therapy has raised the concern of the California Horse Racing Board.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell