The Illinois Racing Board has approved 439 racing days in the state for 2010, it was announced Sept. 24. The total, which includes 91 live programs at Arlington Park and 109 at Hawthorne Race Course, is the least amount the board has ever issued.
The Illinois Horse Racing Board is scheduled to meet Jan. 29 to decide on a $13-million "recapture" payment to the state's racetracks that would come from the horsemen's purse account.
Most Popular Stories
- Breeders' Cup Tickets Go On Sale March 4
- Crimson Giant Chasing Unlikely Big 'Cap Glory
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 3, 2015
- Horses to Watch at F-T Florida Sale
- African Story Tries Super Saturday Challenge
- Five-Year Suspension, $25,000 Fine for Chapa
- No Grade for 2015 Herecomesthebride Stakes
- Water Bucket Heater Caused Chanteclaire Fire
- Lopez Lets El Kabeir be "The Boss"
- Breeding Entities Pledge Support to TAA