Records in gross, average, and median were realized on day three of the Inglis premier yearling sale March 3 in Melbourne, with trading led by a pair of fillies each sold for the day's top price.
Leona Chiara, dam of Australian champion Star Witness, sold for $800,000 ($743,109 in United States funds) to her former trainer May 29 at the second session of the Magic Millions National broodmare sale on the Gold Coast.
With legendary mare Black Caviar's wins in the past three past editions of the Lightning Stakes (Aus-I), co-owner Neil Werrett remained a familiar figure in the winner's enclosure at Flemington.
Kitchwin Hills manager Mick Malone purchased Wiener for the top price of Aust$1.25 million Tuesday during the second select session of the five-day broodmare section at the Magic Millions National Sale.
Most Popular Stories
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Nyquist Arrives at Monmouth
- Stradivari Recuperating After Surgery
- Stellar Wind to Challenge Beholder Again
- Belmont Winner Creator Returns in Jim Dandy
- Haveyougoneaway Delivers in Honorable Miss
- A.P. Indian Has Green Light in Vanderbilt
- Lady Aurelia on Track for Prix Morny
- Legends: Lady's Secret, the Iron Lady
- King Kranz Holds Royal Edge in Amsterdam