Runaway Joan became the initial winner by grade II winner Unbridled Energy when she sped away to win by nine lengths at Calder July 9.
The news wasn't all bad during the opening session of the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky fall yearling sale Oct. 26 in Lexington. The median price increased 20% from 2008 while the buy-back rate was down significantly. The results also included downturns of 11% in gross revenue and 6.4% in average price, but they weren't nearly as severe as those suffered by many other yearling auctions earlier in 2009.
Most Popular Stories
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Trainer Van Winkle Earns 1,000th Career Win
- Daddy's More Than Home
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- NYRA XP App Available for First Time at Saratoga
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- HRRN Plans Race Coverage Saturday From Saratoga