Longtime Chicago-based jockey E. T. Baird notched the 2,000th victory of his career when he guided John Karakourtis's Bond Street to a 2 1/2-length win for trainer Hugh Robertson in the second race July 17 at Arlington Park.
Ryan Fogelsonger will attempt to add to his more than 1,800 career victories when he begins riding at Presque Isle Downs in Pennsylvania May 9, when the 100-day meet gets under way.
Eclipse Award-winning jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, who has been sidelined with a tear in his shoulder muscle since a spill at Hollywood Park on Dec. 12, has been cleared to ride by doctors and should be aboard his first horses for workouts Thursday morning, agent Michelle Barsotti said.
Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, Eclipse Award-winning apprentice rider last year, will be forced to miss the final week of the Hollywood Park meet because of injuries suffered in unrelated spills there on Dec. 12.
Jockey Ryan Fogelsonger, the nation's top apprentice rider last year, was taken off his mounts Saturday after being thrown at the start of Friday's final race at Hollywood Park.
Agent Michelle Barsotti reported that jockey Ryan Fogelsonger will not ride Wednesday and Thursday after a horse he was working at Hollywood Park Tuesday flipped in the shed row, injuring Fogelsonger's left hand.
Eclipse Award-winning apprentice jockey Ryan Fogelsonger will pack his tack and join the Southern California riding colony before the end of the current Del Mar meeting, his agent Michelle Barsotti said on Friday.
Mark Johnston has been riding at Santa Anita for less than a week, but at five feet, nine inches, he's made an impression, especially in the jockeys' room, where he towers over his peers.
Most Popular Stories
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset
- Top Billing Off Derby Trail With Fracture
- Indian Charlie Son Drills Fast Furlong at OBS
- Sahara Sky Storms to Second San Carlos Win
- Winning Prize Streaks Home in Kilroe Mile
- Euphrosyne Elevated to Honeybee Victory